Hey lovelies! My blog views have been pretty rubbish this month and it’s left me feeling quite disheartened so it always feels amazing when someone recognises your blog for these types of awards! This week I’ve been nominated for two sunshine blogger awards and I couldn’t be more grateful so thankyou to Ashleigh and Alice for nominating me!
- Thank the blogger/bloggers that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate the 11 blogs that you wish to receive this award and write them 11 questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/blog
1. What’s your worst blogging pet peeve?
Definitely the follow/unfollow game! I don’t understand why people do it! If you like someone’s content then follow them, if you don’t like their content then don’t! It’s literally as simple as that! There’s no point following people just for the follow back and then unfollowing them! If you’ve got 5000 followers but only follow 500 I’ll know you’re going to unfollow me straight away!
2. What’s your best blogging advice for new bloggers?
Get yourself a Twitter account and promote your blog as much as possible! When I first started my blog I didn’t have any social media to promote it so my views were terrible! As soon as I joined Twitter and started engaging with other bloggers my views really increased! Comment threads are definitely the best way to increase your views and find new blogs you love!
3. What’s your favourite season and why?
This is a hard one for me! I love summer so much but I’m so pale that whenever I go out in the sun I burn no matter how much sun cream I’m wearing! I also love autumn because I can get all my chunky knit jumpers back out so it’s a toss up between those two! I think I’m going to say autumn because of the wardrobe choices and I can tolerate the weather much better!
4. If you had to choose one youtuber to watch for the rest of your life, who would it be?
I went through a phase where I watched Youtube all the time but I never seem to watch videos anymore even from the youtubers I love but if I could only watch one it would definitely be Sophdoesnails! She is the youtuber that got me into watching people’s makeup tutorials, she’s always so honest about the products she tests and she’s just so down to earth! Love her!
5. What are your thoughts on the paranormal/ghosts, do you believe in it?
I don’t believe in ghosts, I’m not really into all that paranormal stuff so I don’t have much of an opinion! My mom loves to go and see a ‘psychic’ and to be honest some of the things her and her friends have been told they couldn’t possibly know unless something else was going on but I don’t want to go and see one because I think it would freak me out a little if they did know things I hadn’t told anybody or whatever!
6. What’s your go to place to eat food out?
This is difficult because it depends what mood I’m in! I absolutely adore Five Guys as a treat after payday because as nice as it is it’s so expensive for ‘fast food’. Nandos is one of my favourite restaurants, I’m pretty boring and always have the same thing but I love it! If I lived in America it would definitely be The Cheesecake Factory though their food is AMAZING!
7. What’s your favourite food dish to eat?
Again this completely depends on what mood I’m in! Think I’m going to pick Chinese food though as if we order takeaway we have quite a few things and just share between us and it’s always so good!
8. Tell us about any hobbies/skills that you might have.
I used to be a dancer from when I was 3 to when I was 17! I took lessons in tap, ballet, street dance and modern jazz. Dancing was a big part of my life for so many years and I do regret giving it up sometimes, the girls I danced with were like family and I miss them all so much!
9. Describe your dream/ideal job.
Is it bad that I don’t know? I always said I wanted to work with children and now I do and I love it but is it my dream job? I’m not sure anymore!
10. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
The main goals I have for the next five years are to get a mortgage with my Fiancé and start a family!
11. What’s your favourite quote?
I have two! One Disney and one motivational quote so I’ll put both!
1. What’s the most important life lesson you have learnt so far?
You can’t please everyone all of the time so just do what makes you happy! I spent too much time when I was younger worrying what people thought of me and yes I still do worry sometimes but not as much as I used to! Your own happiness is way more important than trying to please those around you!
2. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
Probably going to university straight from school. I really didn’t want to go then but I wish I would have to get it out the way as I could never see myself going back into education now!
3. What is your greatest regret?
I think I’d have to say giving up dancing! As I mentioned in my other answer it was such a huge part of my life and I wish I’d have carried it on and finished taking my teaching exams!
4. What’s your biggest achievement in life so far?
Getting engaged to my Fiancé! He proposed last summer on holiday in Majorca it was beautiful and although we aren’t planning a wedding yet (we want to focus on saving for a mortgage first) I cannot wait to marry him!
5. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
- To visit Walt Disney World Florida with unlimited funds so I could purchase all the merch I wanted!
- To bring my Grandad back. I miss him everyday!
- To always be happy!
6. If you were a Disney character who would you be?
Definitely Belle just because I’m such a bookworm like her!
7. Who is your favourite fictional character?
I’m really struggling to come up with an answer for this one and as soon as I’ve finished this post I’ll probably think of someone else and be like ‘omg I should have put…’ I always find it hard to think of answers to questions like this when put on the spot so I think I’m just going to go with my first impulse and say FLYNN RIDER!
8. What is your favourite book?
You want me to choose a favourite book?! How am I supposed to do that? I have so many! I think I’m going to choose The Fault in our Stars though! It’s such an amazing book, I love the characters and the story and it always makes me cry! I also love how when they adapted it into a film they kept it practically the same which isn’t usually the case!
9. What is your favourite blog post that you’ve written so far?
I love writing blog posts and I write about so many different things it’s hard to choose a favourite! I think I have to go with ‘The Pressures of Looking Beautiful’ though! It was quite different to what I usually write but I got a really positive response from it!
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is your favourite Disney film of all time and why?
- What is your favourite holiday you’ve ever been on?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could plan a holiday of a lifetime and didn’t have to worry about the cost, where would you go?
- If you could live anywhere else in the world where would you choose?
- If you could star in any TV programme what would it be?
- What is your favourite time of year?
- If you could time travel for one day would you go back in time and revist a day from your past or go to a day in your future?
- Do you have a favourite book? If you can’t choose one what is your favourite genre to read?
- What are your hopes/plans for the next 5 years? (doesn’t have to be blog related)
That’s all for this post! I’ve put my nominations twitter accounts and linked their blogs so make sure you go and follow them all their content is amazing! Can’t wait to read everyone’s answers! Until next time lovelies