Hey lovelies! Last month was the first ever month that I actually set blogging related goals but I actually did really well with most of them so I thought I’d write a post telling you guys how I got on and what I’m going to aim for throughout July!
- 1.5K Twitter Followers – there was one point this month where I didn’t think I’d manage this as my follower count was going up and down like a yo-yo but with some help from my lovely followers I’m currently at 1540 on the last day of the month so we managed this one! Thank you so much to everyone who helped me reach this goal!
- 600 WordPress Blog Followers – I was so overwhelmed for the love on my blog at the beginning of June, we managed to smash this goal a week or two into the month and I’m now sitting at 663 followers, again thank you to everyone who makes this happen for me!
- 500 Instagram Followers – this is a goal I didn’t manage to reach, it’s the 30th June and I’m currently sitting at 409 followers so unless 91 people are going to pop up in the next few hours it’s not happening. This one is partly my fault though as I haven’t posted consistently everyday like I should have, I just find Instagram so hard to grow!
- 2K Blog Views – this has been my target for a couple of months now but June was the first month we actually reached it ending with just over 2.2K! Thank you so much to everyone who read my posts last month it meant so much to finally reach this goal!
- Reach out to brands – I said this month was going to be the month I started reaching out to brands and although I haven’t managed it yet next month I will for sure! I’m currently in the process of getting a new blog header, logo and media kit and once all that is done so I look a little more professional I’ll definitely do it! This month seems to have gone by so quick I haven’t had the chance to even think about sending emails to brands!
Looking back on my Spring Goals
I wrote a Life Update and Spring Goals post back in March so I thought I’d give you a quick update on how I’ve got on with those goals too!
- RUN! × – I was doing really well with my running for a month or two but then this hot weather hit us and it is far too hot for me to go out and attempt to run I think I’d pass out so this one failed! I am hoping to join a new gym soon though so I’ll be able to get back to it then!
- Schedule Posts × – this is another goal which failed, sometimes if I get free time at the weekend I’ll write a few posts for the next week but then by the end of the week I’ve fallen behind again because I have nothing written for the following week, I’m literally so unorganised!
- Climb Snowdon √ – we managed this even with snow still on the mountain we got to the summit! I wrote a post about our experience and tips if you want to climb the tallest mountain in Wales here.
- Read More × – working full time hours and blogging leaves me hardly any time for reading, I wanted to read more so I could write a review a week on the blog but after finding out my book reviews don’t go down as well as I hoped anyway I haven’t been including them as much. I do still read but I usually only manage a chapter or two every night before bed.
- Be more positive – this is an ongoing goal for me and I think some days are better than others for me, if I’ve had a bad day at work or for whatever reason obviously I’m going to feel more negative but I do feel like I’m having more good days than bad recently!
Now you can see why I don’t usually set myself goals, I’ve actually only managed to achieve one of these and I feel like a failure now looking back on them. I know life gets in the way and there’s never enough time to do everything we want to but 1 out of 5 is pretty rubbish!
July Blogging Goals
- 1.75K Twitter Followers
- 700 WordPress Followers
- 500 Instagram Followers
- Another 2K WordPress Views
- Start reaching out to brands!
That’s all for this post lovelies! I’ll leave my social media links in case you want to follow me and help me reach my goals, let me know what your targets are for this month!
- Twitter – @FairytalesJessx
- Instagram – foundationsandfairytales