Hey lovelies! I’m sure a lot of you will have seen my Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes first impressions post, if you haven’t you can check it out here. In that post I mentioned that I’d wanted this palette for months and was so excited when it was finally released in the UK, I treated myself to it on my last payday and I couldn’t wait to start playing around with it.
I won’t be including swatches in this post because I did them all in my last post that I’ve linked but a lot of people who commented said they couldn’t wait to see how it worked on my eyes so I’ve used it for the past 3 days to create 3 different looks to really test out how all of the shades perform!
Peach After Dark
The palette came with a little leaflet showing you 3 different looks you could create, I’ve done two of these and then created my own for the last one. The first look I did was ‘Peach After Dark’ as it included my favourite shade from the palette ‘Peach Sangria’.
- Apply ‘Just Peachy’ above your crease and blend.
- Apply ‘Peach Punch’ into your crease and blend into ‘Just Peachy’
- Apply ‘Peach Sangria’ onto your lid and blend into ‘Peach Punch’
- Apply ‘Peach Sangria’ to your lower lash line
This look was super easy to do and took less than 10 minutes overall and it looked beautiful I was really happy with how this turned out!
This is the second look I created following the leaflet.
- Use ‘Peach Butter’ all over the lid and brow bone to set eye primer
- Apply ‘Peach Tea’ into the crease and blend up above your crease
- Apply ‘Just Ripe’ onto outer corner and blend onto lower lash line
- Apply ‘Peach Punch’ onto the rest of your lid and lower lash line
This look was another one which was super simple to create and I loved this one too!
The last look on the leaflet was a super natural look and I wanted to create something a bit brighter so decided to throw some shades together myself and see how it would turn out.
- Use ‘Peach Meringue’ all over the lid and brow bone to set eye primer
- Apply ‘Peach Tea’ above the crease and blend out
- Apply ‘Peach Cobbler’ into your crease and blend into ‘Peach Tea’
- Apply ‘Peach Tart’ on the outer corner and blend onto lower lash line
- Apply ‘Peach Sangria’ over the rest of the lid and apply to lower lash line
I think my favourite look I created with this palette is definitely the second one ‘Peach Peach’. I have to be honest though, considering this is a ‘high-end’ palette I was a little disappointed with the pigment of some of the shadows. I’ve never tried Too Faced before but I found the darker shadows like ‘Peach Sangria’ and ‘Peach Tart’ a lot harder to work with, you really had to build them up they weren’t as pigmented as I would expect for a £33 palette!
However, although the shadows aren’t as pigmented as I’d expect, the shades are really pretty and perfect for summer eyeshadow looks; they blend together seamlessly and they do last a long time (but that might be because of my eye primer too).
Do I wish I hadn’t purchased this palette? NO! I still really like it and I’ll definitely be using it again but I don’t think I’ll be purchasing any more Too Faced palettes in future, the pigment is so much better in brands such as Urban Decay and ABH for similar prices!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, if you like this kind of thing let me know so I can do more posts like this with different palettes!
Do you have anything from Too Faced? If you do what’s your favourite product and which look that I created do you like most? Let me know in the comments!