Hey lovelies! I thought I’d write a bookish post for you today. Now like any other book blogger my ‘to be read or TBR’ pile is absolutely huge, I have physical copies, Kindle books and books to read for Netgalley reviews too and I’m really struggling to get through any of them at the minute!
I’m off to the seaside this weekend as it’s bank holiday and I need a break, I’m hoping to get through at least one book while I’m there maybe even two depending on how much time my crazy Fiancé spends in the sea (yes he’s crazy enough to go in the sea even when it’s freezing cold, he loves it).
My Current Read
I’ve just started Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes by Holly Bourne. This hasn’t been on my TBR for long like some books have, I literally ordered it last week but I love Holly Bourne’s writing so much that I couldn’t wait to read it! I’ve literally read the first two chapters of this so I have a long way to go but I’ve heard amazing reviews already so I’m excited to get through it!
- The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven – I’ve heard nothing but praise for this novel so I’m excited to read it!
- I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman – this is another one that has had some really good reviews
- Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh – Clare Mackintosh’s novels are always amazing so I can’t wait to get stuck into this one!
- Floored by 7 authors including Holly Bourne and Sara Barnard – I love reading books that are written by different authors and from different perspectives so this is right up my street
- The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon – ‘Everything, Everything’ was such a great book that I knew I wanted to read Nicola Yoon’s next novel
- Your Turn To Die by Sue Wallman – I read Lainy’s review on this and went on Amazon to order it immediately it sounds amazing and I’ll be taking it to the beach with me this weekend
- Into The Water by Paula Hawkins – Girl On The Train was amazing and if this is anything like that I know I’ll love it!
- Harry Potter and The Cursed Child by JK Rowling
This is not all of the physical copies I have but they’re the ones I want to get to first. I know you’re probably reading that list thinking ‘how have you not read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child yet?’ but I cannot stand reading playscript so it really puts me off! Also as much as I love the Harry Potter books and movies it took me years to read all of the books so it could take me a long time to get through that one no matter how good people tell me it is.
- After The Fire by Will Hill – highly recommended by so many bloggers
- How To Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran – again another blogger recommendation
- In Search Of Us by Ava Dellaira – I loved ‘Love Letters To The Dead’ so much I knew I needed this, if you haven’t read it you need to!
- Clean by Juno Dawson – I’ve never read anything by Juno Dawson but everyone seems to love her books!
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green – I love all of John Green’s books but I’ve heard mixed reviews on this so I’m kind of scared to read it in case I hate it.
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman – I read a review of this on Jenny’s blog here and it was so amazing I knew I had to read it!
I have nearly 100 books to read on my Kindle so I’m obviously not going to list them all but these are my most recent purchases or the ones I want to read most. I used to love reading on my Kindle and stopped buying physical copies for a long time but I’ve actually started to neglect it recently as I’m loving my paperbacks again so I need to pick it back up!
I have quite a few books waiting in my Netgalley to review, I’m really slacking with them lately and I do feel bad but I just don’t have the time to read very often anymore! The book I am most looking forward to reading is Why Mummy Swears by Gill Sims. I’ve just finished Why Mummy Drinks and I absolutely loved that, you can check out my review here, so I can’t wait to see where the story goes next I’m sure it will still have me crying with laughter!
So there you have it my current TBR pile. I have 15 books here, do you think I could get through them all by the end of the year? I really hope so but the way I’m going I’ll only get through 4!
What’s top of your TBR pile?! Let me know in the comments