Hey lovelies! On December 29th Foundations and Fairytales turned 1! I can’t believe I’ve been writing this blog for a whole year already, I knew I wanted to start a blog so I took the plunge straight away, I didn’t know what to expect at first but I’ve enjoyed every second of it!
I want to thank every single person who has supported this blog, the whole blogging community on Twitter is so kind, I’ve made some lifelong friends through blogging and I know I wouldn’t still be doing this without you guys helping me through the harder days!
I’ve had some great achievements this year including:
- Reaching 1K blog followers
- Reaching over 2.5K Twitter followers
- Getting over 23K page views
- This post getting over 1K views
I’ve also learnt some things in this past year such as:
- Everyone feels ‘blogger guilt’ at certain times, I wrote a post on it here. If you don’t feel like writing or life gets in the way then don’t force a post just to stick to your ‘schedule’ because when you look back you probably won’t think it’s as good anyway!
- 99% of the blogging community are super supportive, if you find someone who isn’t then just try to stay out of the drama they create, it’s not worth your time or energy!
- I can be super unorganised most of the time when it comes to blog posts but having a plan of what you’re going to upload and when makes it so much easier
- Scheduling tweets can be b o r i n g and very time consuming but it does help so I’d still recommend doing it every so often
There are still so many things I want to achieve in regards to blogging and just life in general which takes me on to my goals for 2019!
- Get my head around Pinterest and start using it to promote my blog
- Work with some brands I love
- Be more organised with planning posts!
I don’t know how much time I’ll have for reading in the coming year, especially with the house move so I’m going to set my reading target lower and then I can raise it if I’m getting close!
- Read at least 25 books
- Clear my Netgalley shelf and give feedback for all of the books
- Read at least 1 ‘classic’ novel
- Start running again and go as much as possible (I’m not setting a certain number of runs per week because I never stick to it)
- Move into our own home
- Stop buying so many takeaways and eat healthier!
I just want to say a big THANK YOU again to everyone of you who reads this blog! Let me know what your goals are for 2019 in the comments!